Contributing to a more sustainable environment
At Direct Pack we use millions of discarded water and soda bottles every year to make our range of BOTTLEBOX® containers. The stylish BOTTLEBOX® is the original take-out container made from post-consumer recycled PET plastic. This is how it works:
1) You recycle a plastic bottle.
2) The recycling center receives the bottles in big bales.
3) The bottles are sorted by color and ground up into flakes.
4) The flakes are thoroughly washed to meet food grade standards.
5) During extrusion the flakes are turned into large rolls of recycled PET.
6) The rolls are used in a thermoforming process to make the BOTTLEBOX® containers.